I am a big fan of timeless success quotes and the sheer power contained within them. The 10 success quotes that follow are ones that I deem truly worthy of both contemplation and assimilation. Here goes:
10 . “You become what you think about all day long.” — Earl Nightingale, American entertainer and author (1921 – 1989)
9. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale, American author & clergyman (1898 – 1993)
8. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” — Mahatma Gandhi, Indian philosopher (1869 – 1948)
7. “For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?” — James Allen, British author (1864 – 1912)
6. “Whatever you can do or dream, begin it.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist (1749 – 1832)
5. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi, Indian philosopher (1869-1948)
4. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” — Albert Schweitzer, Franco-German theologian, organist, philosopher, and physician (1875 – 1965)
3. “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” — The Bible (Galatians 6:7 – King James Version)
2. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” — Khalil Gibran, Lebanese poet (1883 – 1931)
Lastly, my all time favorite success quote:
1. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” — Martin Luther King Jr., American black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 – 1968)
Wow that is powerful!
Well there’s my list. Fond of any other famous (or maybe not so famous) quotes that inspire you? I’d love to hear them. Feel free to share them in the comments below!